Try a "Health Day"
- Step 1. Go to bed a wee bit earlier the day before your health day. Set your alarm about 20 min earlier so your not rushing in the morning.
- Read a positive, empowering book for 15 min just before sleep.
- Step 2. When you wake have a glass of water and do some gentle stretching with music, not radio and certainly not TV.
- Step 3. Eat some organic rasperries and large flake oatmeal with some greek yogurt. Have a coffee if you usually do.
- Step 4. If you are off to work tell yourself, out loud that you are going to have a terrific day today.
- Step 5. Smile more, avoid complaining and complainers.
- Step 6. Snack time! Enjoy some slices of cantaloupe and some blueberries with some cottage cheese.
- Step 7. If you get enough time for lunch (and you should) go for a brisk walk or run. Then enjoy a large helping of butter lettuce salad with avacado, walnuts and sliced apple. Put on a couple Tbl. spoons of olive oil based vinaigrette.
- Step 8. Snack on almonds or sliced peppers and hummus. The latter is a great appetizer before dinner or to hold you over while you exercise as well.
- Step 9. If you havn't done it in the morning or at lunch then do it now! Exercise for 30 min.
- Step 10. Enjoy wild salmon with Kale or steamed green beans. Either will go well with flax oil on top and a tiny pinch of kosher salt. You can add some whole grain rice. Have a bowl of berries or other fruit for dessert.
- Step 11. Enjoy your evening with family and/or a positive book.
- Step 12. Go to bed a little early again and repeat positive affirmations as you fall asleep.
Posted In: Wellness